Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Journey to the Past with Red Banana!

It was a regular weekly shopping at a leading supermarket chain in Bogor, suddenly something caught my attention in a corner of fresh fruit area. The red banana! I didn't remember when was the last time I ate this banana. It might be when I was in kindergarten, thirty-something years ago!


picture copyright: Imanudin

The price tag was approx. Rp. 27,000/kg (US $ 2.8/kg), which was way more expensive than Cavendish banana at less than Rp. 15,000/kg. But heck, I don't find it everyday.

I ate it at home. I had to admit that this red banana is not the best banana in the world, but it brought me a time travel to the past.


Note:
The red banana scientific name is Musa acuminata (AAA Group) 'Red Dacca'. Lots information on this banana in Internet, you might want to start from this Wikipedia link here.

1 comment:

  1. I love these, and I don't get my hands on them often. I recently moved though, and for some reason, the local Acme supermarket near me, has been stocking them recently. They've been consistently 99 cents a pound, just a little more than the normal yellow bananas, which are 69 cents a pound.

    I actually have a bunch of them in my kitchen right now. They're not quite ripe.

    I like them for a change of pace. I especially like the creamy texture of them.

    ReplyDelete